caspian international news agency“The negotiations were about the safe pullout of the militants from Zabadani in the Western countryside of Damascus in lieu of transfer of civilians from the towns of Kafarya and Fuaa in Idlib to Damascus countryside,” Abolqasem told FNA on Monday.
He reiterated that Ahrar al-Sham insisted that none of the militants of other terrorist groups fighting against the Damascus government, except Ahrar al-Sham, should be given a safe passage from Zabadani.
“The militants of Zabadani, who have appointed me as their spokesman in talks with the Syrian government to finalize the truce agreement, left the negotiations,” Abolqasem said.
On Sunday, the Syrian army and the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance forces started fresh military operations against the foreign-backed militants in the city of Zabadani and seized back new areas from the Takfiri terrorists.
The army units and the resistance forces took back several districts in the Western parts of Zabadani.
The Syrian army and the resistance forces’ military operations in Western Zabadani came after the Takfiri terrorist groups violated their ceasefire with the army and the Hezbollah troops in the Northwestern parts of Syria on Saturday after they fired mortar shells at two towns in Idlib province and killed several civilians.
A 48-hour ceasefire which began at 6 a.m. (03:00 GMT) Wednesday in the city of Zabadani and Fuaa and Kafraya was extended for another two days on Friday. The truce had been agreed in advance between the Syrian government and Hezbollah forces and militant groups.
Last Tuesday, the Syrian army and Hezbollah purged terrorists from the Southern parts of Zabadani.
The Syrian and resistance forces pushed the terrorists backed from areas between two main squares in Southern Zabadani.
Tens of Takfiri terrorists were killed and dozens more were injured in heavy clashes with the Syrian troops and Hezbollah fighters.